Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lab #2 - No Cell Phone for 31 Hours

This lab was very difficult for me because I am constantly using my cell phone throughout the day, whether I’m checking the time, texting, or calling my parents. As you can see from the video, I had my roommate Sara confiscate my phone and put it in her drawer so that I would not be tempted to break the 31 hour streak. It was definitely a challenge – I didn’t really know the time, and in order to communicate with people I would have to find the person I wanted to talk to and have a conversation face to face. At the same time, I kind of liked it because I was able to talk to a bunch of people that I usually wouldn’t have, and I wasn’t walking around campus glued to my text messages. I am glad to have my phone back now though, because my parents get anxious when I don’t talk to them for long stretches of time. However, I from now on I will be more aware of how often I talk with people via cell phone and try to have more contact with them in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment